Thursday, February 10, 2011

"we can be best friends forever"

I met this little lady about two months ago... her name is Marie...Queen Marie to be exact. She was born March 25th, the same day that I was born and my middle name happens to be Marie.

Marie is a special friend of mine now, actually we are great friends. I've helped her children out by going to her house and just helping her out... well I honestly don't do much, I just sit outside her bathroom and make sure she is okay in the shower, curl her hair, and make her lunch when her children are gone.

Marie has came up with our own names... Queen Marie, and Princess Kayla. I would say we have created this special bond, which entitled us to be "best friends forever" as Marie put it today. We will be celebrating our '87th' birthday together, on the 25th of March with a beautiful cake. We decided this today.... she told me she hopes my parents are okay with us being such great friends with 65 year age difference, but she promised she'd be a good role model ;) as far as I'm concerned I'm learning a lot from her!

My friendship with Marie is truly a special one. I wish everyone could have a friendship like ours, it would bring so much joy into your life. I go and visit Marie when I get a chance to and I bring her lunch or sweets, I've learned a lot about her in over the two months that I've known her we talk about love stories, different era's that she has lived in, what life was like during world war 2, we talk about religion, school, sports, anything you name it. Most of all when I am with her, we laugh! She is truly a special lady and I'm so grateful that she came into my life.

I encourage everyone to take time to get to know someone, anyone and become their friend, you never know how powerful the impact can be.

that's all for today, good night!