Thursday, October 6, 2011

How Time Flies When You're......

I haven't blogged in a couple weeks so I figured hey! Why not!

The title of my blog comes from the saying "how time flies when you're having fun" however, am I really having fun?! I'm not sure! I would say time flies when you're busy! ha

School is taking up most of my life in terms of free time, but I guess that is what is expected when you're in grad school. I feel as if I don't really have a life. My only free night of the week is Wednesdays and that day sure seems to fly by fast. I can't really say I've been swamped with homework, because some days I seem to have a LOT of reading, yet other days I feel as if I don't have anything (which is nice)!!

It is already mid-term this week for two of my classes, one finished up which I got 100% in, so I'm starting out good! WOOP WOOP!! ;) Now if only I can keep that route up! The next few weeks to come I will soon be swamped with papers... and by papers I don't mean a nice 3-4 page double spaced paper. I am talking 25-30 page papers....times 3. YUCK! I guess I shall enjoy this nice weather while I can!

It's hard to believe it is already October, where did the summer go?! I decided that when I am done with grad school I am going to open my own private practice or my own company and only work October- May. Summers, will be optional. No wait, scratch that. Summers will be OFF! I am going to move somewhere in the Winter that is ALWAYS sunny and 80+ degrees out, where I can be on a boat, or on the water at all times of my day. Even better, my practice will be on a boat... now we are talking. There is so much evidence that sun can boost yourself esteem and brings you out of depression so why not practice in the sun ;) Coolest idea by far! Then in the summer I will move back to Minnesota and live on the lake! My office/practice will be closed unless skyping is an option on a boat! Perfect! ha now if only it were that easy!

The Mankato Marathon is coming up in 3 weeks...umm we shall see how well this goes for Ali, ha I haven't told her yet how hilly this course is...oops! She will love the experience so I'm not going to tell her! She is sort of dreading this run now because it is becoming more real to her now!

On the 15th there is the DMACC alumni game, so Mark and I are going down there for it! I honestly can say I have never been so excited to go somewhere which is weird because it is Iowa...Boone Iowa to be exact. I'm pretty sure it is the smallest town I have ever been in, with absolutely NOTHING to do there but I have such fond memories there that I am SUPER excited! :)

That is all for today, just a little update! Ps. Happy Grey's Anatomy day! hehe!!! My favorite SHOW ever that I obsess over!

-Kayla