Wednesday, August 22, 2012

oops, I have a blog?

Hi all,

I am back. A month late, but none the less I am back. July flew by. I'm not even sure exactly if I experienced it. According to my calander I have up in my room it is still June. Yep, I haven't gotten around to changing it.It's crazy how fast time flies by as you get older.

Speaking of older, I am not exactly sure who gave me the idea that growing up into adulthood would be amazing, but whoever it was, was an idiot. I probably think at least 15 times a day how much fun being a kid was. Adulthood, not so much. At least for my experience. I truly think it is so stressful. Maybe my constant working and going to grad school has a huge factor in that opinion, but when does it get easy? Does it get easier? I hope so.

To catch you up on life, two weeks ago my family and I put down the most beloved dog in the universe. I have never experienced something as painful as that. My mind constantly wonders, does he like it in heaven? Is he suntanning on a dock in heaven? Has he met new friends, is he lonely? I'm not sure I should even write about him yet. My heart is still heavy with sadness. He was a great dog, everyone that met him would agree. McGuire, the best dog ever,ever. The one and only single reason I can say its best that he is gone, is the smell. I don't miss that smell. However, Mauer's breath has started to smell... maybe he feels he needs to do somethings to help feel like McGuire is still with us........ although, I'll pass on that.

My last post I was about to start P90x. Well, I am now on week 7. To be quite frank about it, I see absolutely NO difference in my body. Whomp Whomp. I have seen it work for friends, but I am slightly discouraged and would like my 180 dollars back. Hope this doesn't discourage you from trying it though, you never know you could get a body of a Goddess.

Onto newsworthy things. Maybe this isn't even newsworthy, but rather get your mind rollin.

Yesterday while on my way home from work the radio stations were buzzing over some dumbass' "schollarly" input. A sociologist, Catherine Hakim sugguested that extra-marital affairs actually strengthen a marriage. I cannot believe someone would even think this. Currently in the United States alone the divorce rates are sky high. According to researchers, 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce. YIKES! So this bimbo that wrote this in my mind is an idiot. Of those statistics on divorce, 17% of marriages end because of adultery.

Think of how insecure people are in general. Let alone, add another person into the mix of a marriage and bam! You just automatically set yourself up for even more insecurities. This ultimately leads to a non-trusting marraige and ultimately leads to divorce.

As you can see, I do NOT tollerate cheating. That's enough of that.

Here is the link of that article:
http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report_an-affair-can-save-a-marriage-says-sociologist_1730853


More exciting things, the Minnesota Get Together... aka the Minnesota State Fair is just a day away. I can hardly wait. I love the state fair! It's amazing to me that people could honestly not enjoy the fair. The sights... oh the sights you will see... commonly refered to as odd human beings. That makes me wonder, do people think I am odd when they see me? ;)

The new exciting foods for this year are anything but diet worthy.

Let's see, there is bacon ice cream, spaghetti on a stick, red velvet funnel cake, and so much more. Oh wait, Mark will enjoy this... this year there is sushi. Maybe he will try that. Seriously though, the only heathy thing there is really just a pickle. YUM! If you're a healthy, food eating, body conscious person, AVOID the fair. Unless you are just there to walk the entire time and sip on water. If that's your cup of tea, more power to you. However, I will be endulging all of my favorite fattening foods I can get my parents to pay for. Yep, I said it... anything my parents will pay for. hehe!

Here is the link to see all the new food creations this year:
http://www.mnstatefair.org/fun/12_new_food.html

That's enough for now. Maybe I'll be back before September. We shall see.

I'm off to do exciting things now... commonly refered to as working.

-Kayla