Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I'm ENGAGED!

Drum roll please...

Oops, a month late but none the less I am here to announce that I am engaged.

Maybe I should have thought of blogging about this right when it happened, however time slipped by.

On Saturday November 17th, Mark and I celebrated our 5th anniversary of dating! We were suppose to each plan a date and surprise one another with our dates. However, life swooped me off my feet and decided to make other arrangements. Needless to say, my "day date" never was planned.

Here's how it all went down:

I had worked the night before and went straight to bridesmaid dress shopping for my cousins wedding on Saturday. After dress shopping all of us girls went out to lunch. I got home around 3 and snoozed for a quick 45 minutes. Mark told me we had to leave "no later than 4:30" to make our dinner plans.

I'm normally not like every other girl who takes forever to get ready but somehow I was not ready at 4:30. We left about 4:35 and we headed downtown to Ruth's Chris for dinner. We first had to stop at the Hilton Hotel to check in. Since we were already late, Mark felt super rushed.

When we got to the front desk of the hotel they asked for our name, Mark said his name and the guy goes "Oh you already checked in?" Mark did a quick "NO!" my sleepy night shift brain never thought this was odd, I just assumed Mark was rude because we were in a hurry. (Hint one)

Once we got checked in the hotel dude said "You are all checked in, you have access to the executive lounge with free drinks, appitizers, and breakfast" [my thought process: sweet!]

We then ran down the street to Ruth's Chris for dinner. When we got there they were waiting for us with a nice "Happy anniversary!"

However, awkwardly enough when we got to the table it had heart confetti on it. I remember telling Mark "oh my gosh they think its our wedding anniversary" We awkwardly laughed. THEN.... the waitress came and said "Happy 5th wedding anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Schroeder!" OH MY GOSH... NO!!! Mark and I just giggled and kept it to ourselves.

While eating dinner Mark made a comment about how he should have flown me to Disney World like his boss had said (Hint two). It just blew over my head, once again thanks to night shift brain.

After dinner we walked back to the hotel to drop left overs off. Our room was at the very top floor. This was super exciting to me, however my brain started clicking. I asked Mark "how much did you pay for this room, I need to pay half. How did you get a suite?" He came up with some lame excuse, yet, I bought it.

Our room number was 2504, my two lucky numbers...25 and 4. I knew it was my lucky night. Once we walked into the room we could not find lights at all. Then I turned an noticed something on the bed. I instantly asked "What is on the bed?" When I turned, Mark was on his knee with the box.... he then asked me to marry him. I instantly slapped the top of the ring box down and said yes. (Automatic response) Then he goes "Well are you going to look at the ring?"  Oooh, good call!

Right after I said yes I called all my family and friends and skipped and jumped all around the room while Mark just sat there and took it all in. Such a great guy! :)

So the rest is history! ;)

It's crazy to think that I've been engaged for over a month now... it still doesn't seem real to me. I've waited for this to happen for SO long and now it's finally real! We have already booked our church, reception, photographer and dj. We jumped right on the planning wagon. Now we are at a stand still for a while.

I still have no motivation to go try on wedding dresses... maybe motivation should not be the right word. However, it's not something I'm really looking forward to or that excited to do. Soon though, soon!

Anyways, that is all for now.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and have a Happy Happy New Year full of new and fun beginnings!

-Kayla