Wednesday, August 7, 2013

New Changes, New Beginnings, New Wisdom...perhaps?

Lets start by saying this blog needs some revamping. I haven't found the time to write or motivation to write in quite some time. I think to be motivated to write from here on out, this blog will have a few specific focuses....

What better than something about life transitions and new wisdom. To get you all caught up, lets rewind quick:



  • I'm getting married in three short months
  • I'm moving up north...today
  • I finished grad school last Friday
  • I accepted my dream job on Monday 
Maybe those are common transitions for a 24 year old. However, for me this is not normal. My life is quickly and drastically changing within the blink of my eyes. My identity of who I am is changing... yet, people tell me my identity is still the same. For instance, my first name is still the same, I'm still blonde, I still haven't grown in height, I haven't gained weight (thank god) and I still am obsessed with my pup. What an identity that is. All kidding aside, a lot of things have changed who I am. 

I quit my job two weeks ago, something I considered part of my identity for the last 6 years. While I was excited to be done working night shift and every other weekend, I dearly miss my friends that I worked with and I miss actually taking care of patients.

So now, my anxiety is even more uncontrollable because oh my gosh... I don't have a job, and I'm not bringing in money. YIKES! Well that was until I took a job on Monday. 

Then, school finished. I have been in school since I was in kindergarten. With school being done, I feel I am not being productive. Maybe its the fact that I honestly don't feel as if I am truly done with school yet, so I feel I should be productive doing something. 

Once school finished up I started packing. I am moving about three hours north. With that being said, I am leaving behind a lot of fabulous family, great friends, and AMAZING SHOPPING.... womp womp. My best friend said she'd make sure I didn't lose my fashion sense and would make sure every time I'm home visiting that we make sure to shop. Easy enough.. now that I have a job (again).

Lastly, my last name is changing in three months. Even though in a traditional United States family, the wife takes the husbands last name. This for me is so.... I don't know, I don't even have a feeling to label it as. I like my last name, I mean its the most common last name in the United States . How original. Not that I don't like my fiance's last name... it's a good last name--- if everyone could pronounce it right. Or, if I enjoyed how my cursive R's look when I sign his last name. (Keep in mind there are two R's in his last name) AND, part of me is just plain stubborn. I like my name, its who I am. It rolls off the tongue nicely, and it's done well for me so far. Enough of that subject. 

As I trek on up north, I will blog about how adapting to the "Northern Way of Life" works for me. So far, I learned to back up a trailer into a drive way. Wooop wooop! And, I can handle going crazy fast in a RZR over jumps. I call those two pretty huge successes. Ha! ;) 

I may also blog about the insight I have gained while working with kids in elementary school, middle school, and high school. My passion has always been to help and make a difference in other people's lives, and I have been given the opportunity to be a psychotherapist in schools as well as in a mental health clinic. 

This next journey I'm adventuring on will be all about passion and making dreams happen. 

Cheers for now-
K