Friday, April 16, 2010

My Latest Challenege

"I like running because it's a challenge. If you run hard, there's the pain - and you've got to work your way through the pain. You know, lately it seems all you hear is? Don't overdo it' and? Don't push yourself.' Well, I think that's a lot of bull. If you push the human body, it will respond."
- Bob Clarke, Philadelphia Flyers general manager, NHL Hall of Fame.


This quote is a perfect fit for me. As many of you know I am training for a marathon, a half one that is... 13.1 miles to some that may seem like forever, others no big deal. I have always wanted to run a marathon but so many marathon runners have told me to run half's before a full so I know what to expect during a full marathon. I have been "training" for a month now running anywhere from 6 miles to 16 miles, before that my daily runs were around 10. Now that I have gone beyond the 10 mile marker I only hope that the 13.1 miles comes as a natural feeling for me. We will see since my half marathon is next Saturday in Nisswa it is The Run for The Lakes marathon, which I am doing with Marks sister. I am excited to see how this goes, but I am so competitive that I KNOW I will be bummed when I don't come in First Place. My dad laughed when I told him this because he says "People run marathons to say they did one, not to see if they can come in first place." ha we will see about that. I imagine just insane crazy runners getting up to the starting line and just high tailing it to the end and pushing every slow person out of there way like a mad man. Well that's all for tonight, off to bed 4:30 am is coming too soon.

Good night

KaylaMarie