Friday, June 17, 2011

The doctor is in....

For some reason when I posted this yesterday, no words showed up! Crazy!

Anyways, yesterday I got to work with my beloved Alzheimer's patients! One man who is 89 was the sweetest thing ever. He was so confused, yet EXTREMELY funny, I couldn't pass up the opportunities to take "breaks" and sit at his bedside and talk to him and his wife. They have been married for 66 years, a true love story! She was a nurse, he was in the service. The little old man would chime in every now and then with "actually facts" as his wife would call it. He told me it was NOT love at first sight, his wife chuckled a little, apprehensive to laugh along she whispered to me... "he's not lying, he called me a b!tch the first day we met. We hated each other from there on out..." They continued on telling me about their love story and how he would wait for her after work "to try to figure her out" as he said. She said she came from a wealthy family and was very stuck up at the time and didn't give a rats a$$ about men with no money. little did she know they fell in love and raised a family of 5 and traveled the world. They continued to travel the world up until 2 years ago when his Alzheimer's became progressively worse. They were the cutest little old couple ever.

My title of the blog comes from this little old man, because he thought the doctor was "flirting" with his "married wife of 66 years!" See the doctor came in to tell the family that not only did he have progressive middle stage Alzheimer's but that his brain was filled with cancer. As the wife cried the male doctor gave her a hug... this is when the little old man got upset. I moments later walked into the room and as I knocked on the door the little old man goes " OH THE DOCTOR IS IN DEAR, you better go hug him some more" in an angry voice. As sad as it was, it was also cute, this man who was so confused was still being protective of his wife even at the state of mental capacity that he was at. As we talked about the doctor he drifted off to other stories of totally off subject topics and would jump from one another, but no matter what we talked about it was about "momma" as he called his wife!

Precious couple, one that I enjoyed getting to know in a little 8 hour shift.


On another note, I did run into the sexy doctor at work, so if you feel like getting sick and want to see a sexy doctor, you now know where to go ;)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm5kx3xqmg0


This song is my current obsession I cannot seem to let go of this song, enjoy!