Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Needing a Break

Current place: my bed
Current activity: studying
Current thought process: How many days till I'm done with all of this?

College tuition: 4,500 dollars a semester
College text books: 600 dollars approximately
Rewards of studying for 9 hours straight: NOTHING!


Hopefully you can guess my two examples: studying at the moment, well was. I have been studying since I got home from classes today which was 3pm it is now 11:30 pm, I did however take one break...to go to Dairy Queen with Mark, well worth it. I got the mini- brownie batter blizzard. Nice little reward for all of my studying I suppose, however now I've got gas haha! Mark even said that would happen...he knows me so well. On a happier thought only 58 more class days till all of this studying pays off! 58 is getting down there, so exciting and almost exactly three months. I was told the other day that I should never wish away my college years, my response..." I have 5 more years of college left anyways" So I suppose I still have a lot more studying to do down the road, but I mean I will be done with my undergrad and I will be out of Fargo for good! So bring on the days! Fly by fast!

To make time go by faster here I got a job! I am not sure exactly why I got a job, I surely don't have time to have a job, but I am missing the incoming money that I have had every two weeks for the last 3 years...so that was a big factor, and watching your savings go to a car payment sucks especially when nothing is coming in. Dumb! so I got a job, at the same place I worked at last year during school, but now I am working nights, just every other weekend so it shouldn't be too bad!

I got four phone calls between Monday and Today from different colleges dealing with potential graduate programs I hope to get into, I must say what a sweet feeling that is to know that you are going to be done with college, and dedicated enough to go on with even more school, I mean its not like 12 years of elementary, middle and high school wasn't enough...as well as 4 years of college....why not add on at least 5more years heck! ehh hopefully it will all pay off in the end, if not, well I will find someone to pay off my school loans I suppose ;)

Nothing too eventful has happened up here in Fargo, go figure. I officially put on the Uggs last Friday and have worn them every day since...its freezing up here, and I'm debating pulling out the winter jacket hat and mitts soon ;) ha I do have my fall decorations up now too, so festive. Wish I had more, however I'm lacking in the funds to support my lavish decorating expenses... guess that will have to wait until I get a big girl job in January and some day my own place again.

The other day a good guy friend of mine asked my why I wasn't going to school to be a writer, he goes " you tell the funniest stories without being on paper and thought, think if you were to sit down and really think of a great story and had a piece of paper" geee...maybe I'll write a book some day too, actually I plan on it...trust me it will be good, I have a vision of one, one that makes you laugh, makes you tear up, one that makes you ball, much like from the movie 'Something's Gotta Give' I envision my readers having a response to my book much like this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EasFCjUqWdU hahahaha oh p.s that will be me writing it too!! can't you just picture it! ;) but mostly my book will touch every readers heart!

If you're looking for a great new CD to purchase I highly suggest you to go out and buy the new Sara Bareilles' Kaleidoscope Heart! Hands down best CD of hers to date! You will love it! I will leave you with a couple of my favorite songs through YouTube links! Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8lk--D-ddk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqbcEC3LPno&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg_yHmvAbUg&feature=related (this one is my favorite)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyV6653EUIc


Well that's all for tonight, off to study some more...ugh!

Kayla
<3